- This event has passed.
iCan Bike Camp 2019
June 17 - June 19$149
The iCan Bike camp teaches kids and adults with disabilities how to ride a two wheeled bike. Riders attend a 75-minute session each day for five consecutive days (Monday – Friday) at the Reno Sparks Convention Center. Riders are physically assisted and encouraged by two volunteer spotters and taught by trained professionals. Over the course of camp, an adapted bike is adjusted to gradually introduce more stability and to help challenge the riders at their own pace.
Camp is $149 per rider.
* Must be age 8 and up with a diagnosed disability, able to walk without assistive devices, and sidestep from side to side.
* Weigh less than 220 pounds
* Have a minimum 20 inch inseam
* Please have a cruiser-style bike for your rider by 3rd day of camp. Bike is needed for rider to transition from the ICan Bike adapted bike to their personal bike to ride at home.
* Orientation for parents and volunteers will be held Sunday, June 16 at 4:00 PM at the Convention Center.