Washoe County Tweed Ride 2019
The Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance is excited to once again bring this fun, fashionable, and family-friendly bike event to Washoe County. On October 13, 2019, we are hosting the Washoe County Tweed Ride! What is a tweed ride, you ask?
A tweed ride is part group bike ride, part costume party, part tea ceremony, and all fun!
- 1:00-1:30 – Check in at Sierra Water Gardens
- 1:30-1:45 – Leisurely group ride to Idlewild
- 1:45-2:45 – Tea party and lawn games at Idlewild
- 2:45-3:00 – Group ride back to Sierra Water Gardens
- 3:00-5:00 – Food, drinks (cash bar), music (the The Sierra Sweethearts), raffles, and fashion contest.
Fashion Contest Categories:
- Most Dapper Duke/ Duchess of Tweed (best overall outfit and bicycle combo)
- Best Dressed – Skirts/ Kilts
- Best Dressed – Pants/ Bloomers
- Best Dressed – Family (at least one parent/ guardian and at least one child)
- Best Beard/ Mustache
- Best Bicycle
We are excited to one again bring you the musical stylings of the Sierra Sweethearts!
The Sierra Sweethearts Northern Nevada’s premier all-woman ensemble, the Sierra Sweethearts. With sparkling vocal harmonies, sizzling instrumentals and rather frequent outburst of laughter and silliness, these gals always entertain!
Get your tickets!
Tickets start at $15 and are available by clicking here!
All regular paid tickets receive a custom Tweed Ride mug. We also have a few upgraded tickets that come with limited edition Tweed Ride swag!
We couldn’t bring you this event without the support of the great folks from The Hytch at Sierra Water Gardens. If you haven’t been to this venue before, you’re in for a treat! Talk to the folks at The Hytch about organizing your own one of a kind event at this one of a kind venue in Reno on the Truckee River.
Interested in how our 2019 kick off event was organized? Read on…
Starting Location: The Depot (325 E. 4th)
- 10-Noon: Meet at the Depot to receive a map and begin your self-paced ride to Victorian Plaza in Sparks.
- Noon-2: Tweed Party at the Plaza with food, music, and fun!
- 2-4: More self-paced exploration of 4th & Prater.
- Attire: Tweed, Victorian, steam punk, or any other historically-themed attire.
Style Contest Categories:
- Best Dressed: Trousers/Bloomers
- Best Dressed: Skirts/Kilts
- Best Beard/Moustache
- Best Bicycle
Musical Guest: The Sierra Sweethearts