The Truckee Meadows Bicycle Alliance is excited to bring a brand new event to Washoe County. On October 7, we are hosting the Lincoln Highway Tweed Ride! What is a tweed ride, you ask?
A tweed ride is part group bike ride, part costume party, and part historical tour! We invite everyone to break out their dapperest of historical fashion (but it isn’t required) and join us for a family-friendly bike ride from the Depot in Reno to Victorian Plaza in Sparks. What better way to experience the newly constructed bike lanes on 4th and Prater?
Starting Location: The Depot (325 E. 4th)
- 10-Noon: Meet at the Depot to receive a map and begin your self-paced ride to Victorian Plaza in Sparks.
- Noon-2: Tweed Party at the Plaza with food, music, and fun!
- 2-4: More self-paced exploration of 4th & Prater.
- Attire: Tweed, Victorian, steam punk, or any other historically-themed attire.
Style Contest Categories:
- Best Dressed: Trousers/Bloomers
- Best Dressed: Skirts/Kilts
- Best Beard/Moustache
- Best Bicycle
Musical Guest: The Sierra Sweethearts