1. Free stuff & Dutch Cycling Embassy Results Presentation
Join us Thursday at Craft in Midtown at 6pm for the final bike month TMBA party with a presentation on the results of the Dutch Cycling Embassy visit to Reno. We will also have free pizza, drinks, and bike lights from Mayor Hillary Schieve. The Dutch Cycling Embassy visit was financially supported by the Aces and Vice Mayor Devon Reese, Bird, Kiwanis, Patagonia, and Open Path Investments.
2. Active Transportation Meeting Tonight
Speaking of the Dutch Cycling Embassy – one of their recommendations was keeping a virtual map open for perpetual feedback from vulnerable road users. RTC Executive Director Bill Thomas says he is considering keeping the Active Transportation map open indefinitely.
Tonight’s meeting is, May 24, 5:30-7pm – Register for the meeting! The topic for the meeting: Walk & Roll Truckee Meadows Community Meeting #1The RTC wants to hear from you and encourage you to attend virtual public meetings to provide your in-depth knowledge of walking and biking in your community.
Your participation will help shape the future of walking, biking, and rolling in Washoe County.
3. Bike Life Radio
The hour-long TMBA radio show on the Reno Bike Projects KWNK 97.7 FM has been on air for 24 months. In December, the show featured The phenomenon of the bicycle as a musical instrument. The show has a potential reach on air of 350,000 people and is available on Spotify forever. Sponsorships are available, with 100 percent of the proceeds supporting TMBA. Recent sponsors include Pedego Bicycles, Paul Malikowski, and Gear Hut.
5. Take Action
1. You can quickly send any email you want, regarding any topic to local officials using BuildABetterBikeNetwork.com. If you have not already, consider sending the suggested email as well at BuildABetterBikeNetwork.com.
2. TMBA is an all-volunteer organization with no membership dues. We rely entirely on donations. Please help with any amount
3. Forward this email. In order to grow, we need your help to get the word out. Consider forwarding this email and asking your friends if they have seen this and to consider joining the mailing list.
4. The Safe Mobility for All Survey is an incredibly powerful tool that makes your voice heard in a number of ways, from trends to directly contacting local decision-makers. Often they write back with their own insight.